Liverpool's Alisson wins inaugural Yachine Trophy for best keeper
Liverpool's Alisson is the inaugural winner of the Yachine Trophy, awarded to the best goalkeeper in world football over the past 12 months.
Liverpool and Brazil goalkeeper Alisson Becker has been nominated as the first-ever winner of the Yachine Trophy at 2019 Ballon d'Or gala awards ceremony in Paris.
The 27-year-old beat Marc-Andre ter Stegen and Ederson to be crowned the best keeper in the world.
A stunning year for Liverpool's Alisson
Alisson played a crucial role in Liverpool's Champions League success and started six times for Brazil in their triumphant Copa America campaign.
He also won the Golden Glove in the Premier League last season with 21 clean sheets as the Reds fell just short of Manchester City in the title race.
Barcelona keeper Ter Stegen finished second in the voting, while Alisson's compatriot Ederson was third.
Kepa Arrizabalaga, Hugo Lloris, Jan Oblak, Samir Handanovic, Manuel Neuer, Andre Onana and Wojciech Szczesny were also in the running for the inaugural award.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid players who will be out of contract in 2021
- MLS Jürgen Damm could sign with a MLS team in July
- LALIGA SANTANDER Levante vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- Liga MX Liga MX will not have relegation in the next five years
- MLS Canelo supports decision of Chicharito and Pizarro coming to the MLS
- TRANSFER NEWS Valencia make loan request for Real Madrid centre-back Javi Sánchez