Liverpool's Alisson wins inaugural Yachine Trophy for best keeper
Liverpool's Alisson is the inaugural winner of the Yachine Trophy, awarded to the best goalkeeper in world football over the past 12 months.
Liverpool and Brazil goalkeeper Alisson Becker has been nominated as the first-ever winner of the Yachine Trophy at 2019 Ballon d'Or gala awards ceremony in Paris.
The 27-year-old beat Marc-Andre ter Stegen and Ederson to be crowned the best keeper in the world.
A stunning year for Liverpool's Alisson
Alisson played a crucial role in Liverpool's Champions League success and started six times for Brazil in their triumphant Copa America campaign.
He also won the Golden Glove in the Premier League last season with 21 clean sheets as the Reds fell just short of Manchester City in the title race.
Barcelona keeper Ter Stegen finished second in the voting, while Alisson's compatriot Ederson was third.
Kepa Arrizabalaga, Hugo Lloris, Jan Oblak, Samir Handanovic, Manuel Neuer, Andre Onana and Wojciech Szczesny were also in the running for the inaugural award.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?