Liverpool's Alisson wins inaugural Yachine Trophy for best keeper
Liverpool's Alisson is the inaugural winner of the Yachine Trophy, awarded to the best goalkeeper in world football over the past 12 months.
Liverpool and Brazil goalkeeper Alisson Becker has been nominated as the first-ever winner of the Yachine Trophy at 2019 Ballon d'Or gala awards ceremony in Paris.
The 27-year-old beat Marc-Andre ter Stegen and Ederson to be crowned the best keeper in the world.
A stunning year for Liverpool's Alisson
Alisson played a crucial role in Liverpool's Champions League success and started six times for Brazil in their triumphant Copa America campaign.
He also won the Golden Glove in the Premier League last season with 21 clean sheets as the Reds fell just short of Manchester City in the title race.
Barcelona keeper Ter Stegen finished second in the voting, while Alisson's compatriot Ederson was third.
Kepa Arrizabalaga, Hugo Lloris, Jan Oblak, Samir Handanovic, Manuel Neuer, Andre Onana and Wojciech Szczesny were also in the running for the inaugural award.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem