Ronaldo missed Ballon d'Or gala to pick up another award
The Juventus star picked up the award for Serie A's best player at a gala event in Milan, where his agent claimed that: "Cristiano Ronaldo is the best ever and you know it."
Cristiano Ronaldo was the most notable absentee at Monday’s Ballon d’Or awards ceremony, where his great rival Lionel Messi scooped his sixth trophy to put him one ahead of the Juventus star.
Ronaldo eventually finished third behind Messi and Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk in the 2019 nominations list, but according to his agent Jorge Mendes, there remains no doubt about who is world’s greatest ever footballer.
Ronaldo picks up Serie A award
While the rest of the world’s footballing royalty were in Paris to see Messi, Megan Rapinoe, Alisson Becker and Matthijs de Ligt lift the four Ballon d’Or accolades, Ronaldo had travelled to Milan to pick the award for Serie A’s best player at the Gala del Calcio.
At the event held at the Megawatt di Milano, the Portuguese striker was accompanied by his partner Georgina Rodriguez and his agent Mendes, who was asked about Cristiano’s absence from the Ballon d’Or gala.
“Cristiano Ronaldo is the best ever and you know it," Mendes told reporters.
Juventus sports director, Fabio Paratici, also praised Ronaldo at the Serie A awards ceremony, saying the Bianconeri striker “deserved the Ballon d’Or”.
He added: “We've always said it. The rankings for these awards are always debatable.”
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Real Sociedad vs Barcelona, how and where to watch: times, TV, online
- Coutinho 'on the right track', says Bayern Munich coach Flick
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: Dejan Lovren could be out until the New Year
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: James Milner thrilled with new contract extension
- Lampard won't discuss future with out-of-contract players until January
- PREMIER LEAGUE Lampard: "I know Pulisic has a lot more to give to Chelsea"