Liverpool's Trent Alexander-Arnold.... big in Sri Lanka
The Liverpool defender secured the number one vote from Sri Lanka journalist Hafiz Marikar (Daily News) in the 2019 Ballon d'Or voting.
As opposed to other years, this year's Ballon d'Or voting from member of the global media was rather uniform with most participants selecting Lionel Messi, Virgin van Dijk or Portuguese striker Cristiano Ronaldo in their first three choices.
As always there were slight examples of home favouritism with Poland's Majeck Iwanski from TVP Sport voting for local lad in Bayern Munich's Robert Lewandowski and Guatemala journalist Franciso Aguilar Chang nailed he rather red colours to the mast in voting for four Liverpool players in his top five.
I am very happy to be considered one of the top 1️⃣0️⃣ footballers in the world⚽. My sincerest congratulations to every player recognized with an award tonight👏👏 #balondor2019 @LaczyNasPilka @FCBayern— Robert Lewandowski (@lewy_official) December 2, 2019
Big in Sri Lanka
Possibly the most bizarre selection of the voting process this year came from Sri Lanka with local journalist Hafiz Marikar from the Daily News giving his number one vote to Liverpool right back Trent Alexander-Arnold. Mister Marikar was clearly impressed by the 21-year-old's quick thinking was in supplying the corner which led to the winning goal over Barcelona in the Champions League semi-final at Anfield.
Te recomendamos en English
- Halloween What is the history and meaning of Halloween?
- DISNEY+ The Mandalorian Season 2: how many episodes and when are they released on Disney+?
- US Election 2020 What's Biden's plan for Medicare?
- Coronavirus Main Street Lending Program: what changes did Federal Reserve make to small business loans?
- US Election 2020 How many votes did Trump get in Florida in the 2016 presidential election?
- US Election 2020 What's Biden's plan for the economy, stimulus and unemployment?