Liverpool's Trent Alexander-Arnold.... big in Sri Lanka
The Liverpool defender secured the number one vote from Sri Lanka journalist Hafiz Marikar (Daily News) in the 2019 Ballon d'Or voting.
As opposed to other years, this year's Ballon d'Or voting from member of the global media was rather uniform with most participants selecting Lionel Messi, Virgin van Dijk or Portuguese striker Cristiano Ronaldo in their first three choices.
As always there were slight examples of home favouritism with Poland's Majeck Iwanski from TVP Sport voting for local lad in Bayern Munich's Robert Lewandowski and Guatemala journalist Franciso Aguilar Chang nailed he rather red colours to the mast in voting for four Liverpool players in his top five.
I am very happy to be considered one of the top 1️⃣0️⃣ footballers in the world⚽. My sincerest congratulations to every player recognized with an award tonight👏👏 #balondor2019 @LaczyNasPilka @FCBayern— Robert Lewandowski (@lewy_official) December 2, 2019
Big in Sri Lanka
Possibly the most bizarre selection of the voting process this year came from Sri Lanka with local journalist Hafiz Marikar from the Daily News giving his number one vote to Liverpool right back Trent Alexander-Arnold. Mister Marikar was clearly impressed by the 21-year-old's quick thinking was in supplying the corner which led to the winning goal over Barcelona in the Champions League semi-final at Anfield.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $3,000/$3,600 child tax credit: how long would stimulus measure last?
- COPA DEL REY Barcelona vs Sevilla: result, summary and goals
- MANCHESTER UNITED De Gea, Martial doubts for Man Utd ahead of derby with Man City
- USMNT England want to persuade Yunus Musah to leave the USMNT
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT OF 2021 $15 minimum wage: what's the state of the current negotiation and who is pushing for it?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS $1,400 stimulus check: new eligibility criteria for payment to filers