Modric on Messi's six Ballons d'Or: "It doesn't seem real"
The Croatian was on hand to give Messi the award he had won himself last year and said Messi is "one of the best players of all time".
Leo Messi recieved his record 6th Ballon d'Or on Monday night in Paris. Luka Modric, last year's recipient was on hand to give Messi the award and says he did it as a sign of respect to Messi.
"Sports and football are not just about winning, they're also about respect for your team-mates and rivals," Modric wrote on his social media accounts.
"It's something incredible when you see all the Ballon d'Ors there. It doesn't seem real, it just shows that he is an incredible player and that he is one of the best players of all time. Fair play for all he has done and well done," Modric told GOL after the ceremony.
"I'm happy to be here. I think football is about respect and when you don't win, out of respect, you have to be here as it is a celebration of football," he said.
Barcelona have responded to Modric's humility and comments. "A true gentleman," they said on their Twitter account.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA Skills Challenge: which players will participate in the 2021 edition?
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 Does NBA League Pass include NBA All-Star 2021?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming & when it could pass Senate vote, IRS tax return | Live
- 2021 TAX FILING Has the IRS already started refunding tax return 2021?
- NFL Denver Broncos: Stay locked on Drew or hand keys to a rookie QB?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK How to claim a missing stimulus check on your 2020 tax return