Modric on Messi's six Ballons d'Or: "It doesn't seem real"
The Croatian was on hand to give Messi the award he had won himself last year and said Messi is "one of the best players of all time".
Leo Messi recieved his record 6th Ballon d'Or on Monday night in Paris. Luka Modric, last year's recipient was on hand to give Messi the award and says he did it as a sign of respect to Messi.
"Sports and football are not just about winning, they're also about respect for your team-mates and rivals," Modric wrote on his social media accounts.
"It's something incredible when you see all the Ballon d'Ors there. It doesn't seem real, it just shows that he is an incredible player and that he is one of the best players of all time. Fair play for all he has done and well done," Modric told GOL after the ceremony.
"I'm happy to be here. I think football is about respect and when you don't win, out of respect, you have to be here as it is a celebration of football," he said.
Barcelona have responded to Modric's humility and comments. "A true gentleman," they said on their Twitter account.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS What will the new IRS income tax brackets be for 2021?
- Coronavirus stimulus checks IRS extends $500 stimulus check for kids deadline - when is the new date and how do you claim it?
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Who are the candidates for 2020 US Elections besides Trump and Biden?
- US ELECTIONS Will Amish people vote in the 2020 USA Elections?
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live online updates: cases, deaths, stimulus checks and latest news
- UNITED STATES USA elections 2020 live online updates: Trump - Biden, polls, stimulus checks, latest news