Ongoing Napoli chaos sees Ancelotti on verge of dismissal
Local Italian media claim that nothing short of wins over Udinese and Genk will suffice to maintain Ancelotti's position as Gattuso is linked as possible replacement.
All is not well at Napoli with unrest triggered by the decision of club president Aurelio De Laurentiis and his move for the team to convene ahead of key recent fixtures. The tension and refusal by the players to stay at a club residence after the Champions League game with RB Salzburg led to the owner issuing his squad with a series of fines.
Club manager, Carlo Ancelotti who criticised the decision to convene has seen his side struggle with the 1-2 loss at home to mid-table Bologna leading to the team to be jeered from the pitch after the weekend's Serie A fixture. Napoli now lie seventh in the table and are 17 points behind the leaders Inter Milan and currently are outside the European positions.
La Gazzetta dello Sport report that Ancelotti is on the brink of dismissal and anything less than wins over Udinese (Serie A) and Genk (Champions League) will lead to his departure with local outlets claiming that Rino Gattuso being primed as a possible replacement.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Potential Madrid presidential election could influence summer signings
- COPA DEL REY Copa del Rey: Messi striving to save Barça's season as chaos reigns
- NBA NBA round-up: LeBron not enough as Suns sizzle against Lakers
- FOOTBALL Ibrahimovic makes Sanremo festival debut: "I have been the best on this stage"
- LeBron not enough as Suns sizzle against Lakers, Beal sets Wizards record
- STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | When it is coming & IRS tax return | Live