Kylian Mbappé's selfie finally takes place with Didier Drogba
The former Chelsea striker revealed that he had promised the young Frenchman a picture 10 years ago when the Stamford Bridge side played Barcelona.
A decade ago, Pep Guardiola brought his all-conquering Barcelona team to Stamford Bridge for a vital Champions League semi-final second leg. Chelsea played well and felt hard done by as the Spaniards progressed to the final on away goals, a game that saw their striker Didier Drogba rage at the television cameras about the referee, Tom Henning Øvrebø.
Drogba finally has Mbappé selfie
"It's a fucking disgrace," screamed the angry player on the pitch at the full-time whistle, which led to him being fined and banned for six European games.
And at the 2019 Ballon d'Or awards on Monday, the Ivorian forward revealed a lesser-known aspect from that night in 2009.
“Ten years ago after Chelsea against Barcelona, a kid came to me and wanted to take a picture. That day I said no, because of the disgraceful refereeing decisions.
“I learned that the child was Kylian Mbappe and I want to pay my debt now.”
In the same way as several celebrities have done following Ellen DeGeneres' selfie at the 2014 Oscars, Drogba got the audience at the Theatre du Chatelet to join in as he, the PSG star and host Sandy Heribert posed. In the background the likes of Lionel Messi, Virgil van Dijk and Antoine Griezmann can be seen.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Setién has a defensive problem he needs to fix
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: James can't find his place
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: 4 teams who won the league with 5 games to spare
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp: "Impossible to have the dominance United once had"
- REAL MADRID - SEVILLA Sevilla visit the Bernabéu on the back of 12 losses in a row there
- FOOTBALL Mourinho not happy with Conte for speaking publicly about Eriksen