Cristiano Ronaldo "dragging himself around the pitch"
Former Juventus striker Nicola Amoruso says Cristiano Ronaldo needs to manage his game time better if he is to return to top form.
Cristiano Ronaldo isn't enjoying his best period of football. The Juventus forward has been carrying a knee niggle for several weeks and is struggling for form, leading to criticism of the Portugal star.
The latest observer to question the 34-year-old is former striker Nicola Amoruso, who himself had two spells as a Juve player between 1996 and 2002.
"At his age, rest is pretty much more important than playing"
At this stage of his career, says Amoruso, Cristiano should be managing his game time better if he wants to get back to his best - something the Italian feels he remains totally capable of doing.
"Cristiano has been dragging himself around the pitch for a few months now," Amoruso said. "He should swallow his pride and admit that, at his age, rest is pretty much more important than playing.
"It's a tricky issue to handle, but I'm convinced he can still make the difference."
Seven goals in 16 Juve games for Cristiano this season
So far this season, Cristiano has made 16 appearances in all competitions for Juventus, scoring seven goals: six in Serie A and one in the Champions League.
Te recomendamos en English
- Real Betis Rubi: “Lainez is ready but Guido Rodriguez still needs to adapt to the league”
- MLS TUDN: LA Galaxy leaves 14 jersey open so Chicharito could claim it
- BARCELONA Setién: "Messi did what Messi always does"
- BARCELONA Busquets: "You'll see what Setién is asking of us"
- Premier League Van Dijk refuses to agree that title race is over
- Bundesliga Not every team wins 4-0 in Berlin! Flick lauds his Bayern side