Atlético Madrid want Timo Werner - reports
According to Antonio Ruiz, Atlético Madrid want the German striker if they can find someone to buy Diego Costa during the winter transfer market.
Timo Werner has emerged as Atlético Madrid's top prospect according to Antonio Ruiz on Partidazo on Cope. Atlético are in desperate need of goals and they feel as through the 23-year-old German is the man who could help them out of their funk.
The RB Leipzig striker has a contract with the Bundesliga side until 2023. Leipzig currently sit second in the league and Werner is their talisman with 17 goals in all competitions this season. Atlético are hoping a €60 million offer gets the German club's attention according to the report.
Diego Costa is out injured with a herniated disk and is not expected back until 2020. Any offer for Werner might be dependent on selling the 31-year-old. Costa has some lucrative offers from both Brazil, with Flamengo said to be interested, and Qatar.
Werner has previously been linked with a move to Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and some of the biggest clubs in Europe. There were reports that he wanted a move to Munich but with negotiations dragging on, he decided to renew with his current club in August.
Bayern were said to be unwilling to meet his €40 million release clause but there was rumours of a €30 million release clause in his new deal.
"I'm glad that I signed with RB Leipzig and thus extended my contract," he said. "Of course, this process has been going on for a very long time, but I really wanted to be completely sure that I could take the next steps in the development of this club.
"And for the right decisions you just need a little longer. Now I can fully concentrate on playing as successful a season as possible with our team."
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Unemployment benefits: can you keep the payments if you go back to work?
- US News Which states have abolished federal unemployment benefits and why?
- EURO 2020 Ronaldo's gesture wipes $3.5bn off Coca-Cola's market value
- US NEWS Why is Juneteenth being considered a national holiday?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE California Vaccine Lottery: from which counties were the 15 June winners and how much did they win?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Novavax covid-19 vaccine: How effective is it and who will get it?