Surgery set to keep Khedira out for three months
Germany international Sami Khedira is set to be absent for Juventus until March following successful surgery on his left knee.
Juventus will be without midfielder Sami Khedira for around three months after he underwent successful knee surgery on Wednesday, the Serie A club announced.
The Bianconeri had earlier said Khedira would travel to Augsburg for the arthroscopic cleaning procedure in his left knee after missing Sunday's 2-2 draw against Sassuolo.
Juve reported the operation was "perfectly successful" and Germany international Khedira could immediately begin rehabilitation.
The 32-year-old, who has made 17 appearances in all competitions for Maurizio Sarri's team this season, is set to return in March.
Khedira had the same surgery on his right knee at the end of last season.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGUE 1 Nantes unveil new kit in honour of the late Emiliano Sala
- MLS Inter Miami has their eyes set on two Franchise Players
- 2022 WORLD CUP QATAR Aubameyang to face Salah in World Cup qualifying
- COPA DEL REY Shinji Kagawa and Zaragoza come out on top in Copa del Rey battle with Take Kubo's Mallorca
- Messi, Busquets and Pique rested for Ibiza trip
- Lovren lifts leaders Liverpool as defender returns to training