“Florentino's arrival at Madrid was a turning point for the club" - Butragueño
Real Madrid legend and current director of institutional relations, Emilio Butragueño, has spoken to the club TV channel about his glittering career.
Playing career: "I was very lucky to play at Madrid. I never thought I would get to wear the colours for the first team. Football is fun. Life is amazing and we should know that we are lucky and that we have to have the maximum motivation. I was taught that you always have to give 100%.”
Golden generation: "It’s doesn’t weigh on us to have been part of that generation because we took it naturally and proudly. We had the support of everyone, especially Alfredo Di Stéfano. We all left a good mark and enjoyed ourselves very much.
Amancio Amaro: "He gave me the opportunity to play many games in the first team and I am very grateful."
Family: "My father has been a member since 1943 and since I was a child he took me to the stadium.”
Alfredo Di Stéfano: "My father always talked to me about Alfredo. For me it was special that he gave me the opportunity and that increased my respect for him."
Benzema’s legendary goal against Atletico: "Benzema saved the day at a critical moment. That play was dazzling and decisive to qualify. Mine was very beautiful, but it was not as important."
Sanchís: "I lived very close to Sanchís and we went to training together. We had a very good friendship."
Florentino Perez: “Florentino's arrival at Madrid was a turning point for the club. He is a businessman with a lot of experience and has added his grain of sand so that the club continues to grow.”
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Ronaldo discusses future ahead of Portugal-Hungary clash
- Cristiano Ronaldo having no 'sleepless nights' over Juventus future
- EURO 2020 Mbappé needed to speak up but Giroud tussle is behind us, says France captain Lloris
- REAL MADRID Ramos: Kroos, Casillas back Real Madrid captain amid contract impasse
- Copa America Who won the last Copa America and which country has the most titles?
- US News How have vaccine lotteries impacted vaccination rates?