Real Madrid: Hazard ruled out of Clásico in Barcelona
Eden Hazard will miss the Clásico and is facing four to six weeks out after Real Madrid updated the Belgian's injury status.
Eden Hazard will miss the Clásico at Barcelona after Real Madrid updated his injury status to reveal he has suffered a "microfracture" in his ankle.
Hazard set for four to six weeks out
Having limped out of last week's 2-2 Champions League draw with Paris Saint-Germain, the 28-year-old was initially expected to be out for about 10 days after Los Blancos released a medical report saying he had suffered an "external bruise".
However, he is now thought to be facing about four to six weeks on the sidelines.
In a statement issued on Thursday, the club said: "Following tests carried out on our player, Eden Hazard, by Real Madrid's medical department, the development of the perimalleolar bruising in his right leg has seen him diagnosed with an incomplete external microfracture in the aforementioned area."
Real Madrid's upcoming fixtures
|07 Dec||Real Madrid - Espanyol (LaLiga)|
|11 Dec||Club Brugge - Real Madrid (Champions League)|
|15 Dec||Valencia - Real Madrid (LaLiga)|
|18 Dec||Barcelona - Real Madrid (LaLiga)|
|22 Dec||Real Madrid - Athletic Bilbao (LaLiga)|
|04 Jan||Getafe - Real Madrid (LaLiga)|
|08 Jan||Valencia - Real Madrid (Super Cup)|
Out of Clásico, doubtful for Spanish Super Cup
As well as the Clásico on 18 December, Hazard is certain to miss the LaLiga games against Espanyol, Valencia, Athletic Bilbao and Getafe.
The former Lille and Chelsea star also looks to be doubtful for the Spanish Super Cup, in which Madrid are to face Valencia in the semi-final on 8 January, ahead of a potential final appearance four days later.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS David Beckham's Inter Miami and in sponsorship talks with Qatar
- SERIE A Inter Milan director confirms Christian Eriksen bid and agreement for Chelsea's Victor Moses
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola focused on improving Manchester City rather than chasing Liverpool
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Ousmane Dembélé enters the final phase of his recovery
- ARITZ GABILONDO Reinier, a classic No. 10 in the same mould as Kaká or Rai
- FOOTBALL Messi, Aubameyang, Pogba... 15 stars who are out of contract in 2021