PSG boss Tuchel: "I don't have a solution for Cavani right now"
The German tactician admitted the Uruguayan is in a tricky situation at the Parc des Princes as he can't find a place for him in the team.
Paris Saint-Germain head coach Thomas Tuchel said he is saddened by Edinson Cavani's situation as the out-of-favour forward struggles for game time.
Cavani – out of contract at the end of the season – came off the bench in PSG's 2-0 Ligue 1 victory against Nantes on Wednesday.
The 32-year-old, who has been linked to MLS outfit LA Galaxy, David Beckham's Inter Miami, Serie A champions Juventus and LaLiga side Atlético Madrid, was an 87th-minute substitute in Paris midweek.
Cavani has only started four Ligue 1 fixtures this season and five across all competitions in 2019-20.
Tuchel: "We both know it is very difficult for him"
Asked about the Uruguay international, Tuchel told reporters: "I spoke with him. We both know it's very difficult for him. It's not only a difficult decision for me, it's also sad.
"We played a lot of games with three strikers including one number nine. Cavani was injured at the beginning of the season, it's not his fault. Mauro [Icardi] played very well during that period, he scored a lot.
"If we play in 4-3-3, we have three extraordinary players for a position in front [as number nine], Kylian [Mbappé], Mauro and him. I'm sad because I don't have a solution [to include him in the line-up] right now.
"He doesn't deserve that, he's very professional, in a good state of mind in the locker room, he gives a good energy to the team. But right now I don't have much playing time to give him."
Cavani, who arrived from Napoli in 2013-14, has scored twice for Tuchel's French champions this term.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS IRS phone number: how can I talk to a real person on the helpline?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- US NEWS Houston close schools as Storm Beta approaches
- Hurricanes Tropical Storm Beta: why is the Greek alphabet used to name hurricanes?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Democrats and Republicans look to strike deal on payment
- Coronavirus How many coronavirus cases are there in Sweden without lockdown?