Liverpool confirm squad for 2019 FIFA Club World Cup
As expected, Jürgen Klopp is to take a squad of first-team Liverpool players to the Club World Cup despite an EFL Cup fixture clash.
Liverpool will take a strong squad to the Club World Cup later this month as expected, meaning a youthful selection will contest the EFL Cup clash with Aston Villa.
Club World Cup semi-final the day before Villa EFL Cup tie
Jürgen Klopp's European champions are due to play their Club World Cup semi-final in Qatar on 18 December, the day after going up against Villa in the EFL Cup quarter-finals.
Liverpool had attempted to get the trip to Villa Park rescheduled on account of the fixture clash, but the EFL were unable to facilitate such a move following discussions.
As such, Klopp previously stated he would have to name two separate squads for the matches.
Thursday's confirmation of a strong first-choice squad heading to Doha means Villa can expect to face a young side in the EFL Cup, though Harvey Elliott, Neco Williams and Curtis Jones will also join the travelling Club World Cup party.
The only first-team players not selected are Joel Matip, Nathaniel Clyne and Fabinho, who are recovering from injuries.
Liverpool's Club World Cup squad:
Alisson, Andy Lonergan, Adrián; Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez, Dejan Lovren, Andy Robertson, Alexander-Arnold, Neco Williams; Georginio Wijnaldum, James Milner, Naby Keita, Curtis Jones, Jordan Henderson, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Harvey Elliott, Adam Lallana, Xherdan Shaqiri; Roberto Firmino, Sadio Mané, Mohamed Salah, Rhian Brewster, Divock Origi.
Te recomendamos en English
- Trump vs Biden USA election 2020 presidential debate Trump vs Biden: time, TV and how to watch live online
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- US Election 2020 US Election 2020: when are the presidential debates and how many will there be?
- US $300 unemployment benefits: will there be a new round of payments in October?
- NFL Why are the Raiders being investigated by the NFL?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: US Covid-19 relief package update