PSG: Neymar rift goes on as striker tells PSG fans to shut up
The Brazilian performed the old finger to the lips routine after being barracked by the fans at the Parc des Princes, where he remains an unpopular figure.
Neymar’s relationship with Paris Saint-Germain fans has been choppy since the Brazilian’s failed bid to engineer a transfer back to Barcelona last summer and the 27-year-old risked further anger from the Parc des Princes on Wednesday evening when he put his finger to his lips after scoring from the spot in a 2-0 victory over Nantes in response to whistles from the crowd during the game.
The embattled star had put in one of his best performances in an injury ravaged 2019-20 season to date but that was not enough to placate the fans inside PSG’s stadium, who have made their displeasure with Neymar perfectly clear after the summer-long transfer saga that eventually failed to bear fruit, leaving Neymar in Paris while Antoine Griezmann secured his own move from Atlético to Camp Nou.
Neymar still persona non grata at PSG
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
Despite his efforts on the pitch and some attempt at conciliation with the fans during the course of the season to date, Neymar is still regularly whistled and has been subjected to banners in the stands and graffiti outside the Parc des Princes in response to his attempt to leave the club last summer with PSG fans not amused by his apparent lack of commitment to the cause.
Te recomendamos en English
- European championship Zlatan Ibrahimovic back in Sweden team for World Cup qualifiers
- NBA Jazz stars Mitchell and Gobert fined by NBA after outbursts
- REAL MADRID | BENZEMA Benzema: "My life has changed..."
- NFL Eagles' Jason Kelce holds off retirement to return for 2021 season
- NBA All-Star Game Jazz's Conley earns NBA All-Star selection to replace Booker
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, Senate votation, status and IRS tax