Real Madrid: Gareth Bale determined to seize Clásico chance
Gareth Bale has his sights set on El Clásico. The Welsh foward is expected to start at Camp Nou on 18 December and is taking it as though it is a decisive game for Wales.
Eden Hazard's injury presents a new opportunity for Gareth Bale. The Welsh forward has set his sights on El Clásico and now he knows that he will definitely be part of the starting XI at Camp Nou. The swelling to his left hamstring means he will sit out Madrid's next two games against Espanyol and Brugge but he should be back to full fitness to face Barcelona on 18 December. As far as Bale is concerned, El Clásico is just as decisive as the recent Euro2020 qualifiers with Wales. He will be treating the Barça game with the same importance.
Flag incident is all in the past
Let's not forget that Bale wasn't happy when Zidane rested him for the home meeting with Brugges in October. For Bale, European games as well as the big league clashes with Barça and Atlético provide him with the kind of big stage occasion he enjoys to show off his talents. That is why Zidane and the player sat down last week for a private chat about a number of topics, including the flag episode with Wales. Zizou played the incident down and defended Bale publicly. That came as a comforting surprise for Bale, who saw how his relationship with the coach, which just a few months ago was in tatters, is now patched up all of the problems of the past have been forgotten about.
Bale always delivers on the big occasion
Zidane has told Bale that he expects him to work extra hard over the next week to 10 days as he will be counting on him in El Clásico. Bale will have a role to play against Barça - that now, isn't in any doubt. Hazard is unavailable and Zidane isn't planning on handing an opportunity to Rodrygo or Vinicius in a game of this magnitude. Something is happening with Gareth Bale, he's back in the coach's plans, committed to the cause and fired up for El Clásico.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Tokyo Olympics cancellation remains an option, says top Japanese politician
- NBA Dallas' Doncic on game-winning three-pointer: "Those are the best feelings ever"
- US NEWS A new proposal to revamp unemployment systems and increase benefits announced
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL Derek Chauvin pleads the Fifth Amendment: what is it, and what are the defendant’s rights when they invoke it?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Veteran third stimulus check: when is it arriving & how much?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: why could it be unlikely?