Barcelona and Getafe reach agreement for Carles Aleñá loan deal
The Barça defender will wait to see if Getafe reach the next round of the Europa League before agreeing to join them. "If it was up to Barça, he'd come", Ángel Torres said.
Getafe and Barcelona are one step away from completing a loan arrangement for Carles Aleñá, who has been struggling to carve out a place in the side under Ernesto Valverde.
Getafe approached Barcelona with the hopes of taking the 21-year-old defender on loan for the remainder of the season - an idea which Barça are open to. Aleñá doesn't feature in Valverde's plans but he would be guaranteed playing time at Getafe. The player will wait to see if Getafe can book their place in the next round of the Europa League before accepting a move to the Coliseum on loan. Geta require a draw at least from next Thursday's meeting with Krasnodar to qualify for the Round of 32.
The idea shared by both clubs is that Aleñá joins Getafe on a six-month loan deal next month. Still only 21 and under contract until 2022, the Madrid-based outfit feel it's an excellent opportunity for the player to gain experience at the top level.
“If we beat Krasnodar on the 12th, we can make reinforcements to the team”, Getafe president Ángel Torres told Onda Cero's El Larguero programme. “We wanted to sign Aleñá two years ago but just when we were about to strike a deal Rafinha fell injured which meant Barça listed Aleña in the first team squad so he couldn't come. It's not the first time we have discussed the player. If it depended on Barcelona, he'd join us but it's up to the player to decide and we haven't spoken to him yet” .
Aleñá joined La Masía when he was seven years old and worked his way up the youth ranks at Barcelona. He knows that he will have to leave in the winter transfer window but his agents are looking for clubs who are involved in European competition - which is why Getafe need to continue in the Europa League.
Getafe eyeing Brahim Díaz
If Geta are unsuccessful in landing Aleñá, they will turn their attentions to Real Madrid's Brahim. “We asked Real Madrid about him last summer but the lad didn't want to come. It's getting harder for him to break into the team at Madrid and he's had a few problems with injuries”, Torres explained.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Why weren’t the funds from the $3000/$3600 child tax credit sent with the stimulus check payments?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Golden State Stimulus: How to claim the extra $500 under the California Comeback Plan
- Boxing Boxing legend Mike Tyson believes that Floyd Mayweather is going to win against Logan Paul
- Coronavirus Pfizer Vaccine Approval: When and where can children 12-15 get vaccinated?
- CORONAVIRUS US How to score the Clear Health Pass covid-19 vaccine passport?
- CORONAVIRUS US Covid-19 vaccine for tourists in New York: how much and where can people get it?