Barcelona: at least three players could leave in the January window
Aleñá, Todibo as well as Rakitic and Vidal could leave Barcelona in next month's transfer window. The first two on loan or sold with a buy-back option.
Barcelona have no intention of reinforcing the squad in the next month's transfer window - barring any unexpected setbacks, but Éric Abidal and Ramon Planes are working on the possible departures of three players in the January window.
Loan deals for Barcelona pair
Carles Aleñá and Jean-Clair Todibo are in a similar situation. Both are still young but are struggling to get opportunities and the club is keen for them to get regular playing time elsewhere. Ideally, both players would go out on loan although Barça would also be open to a transfer as long as they were able to retain an option to buy the players back. But that's where the similarities end. Aleñá came through La Masia, he's one of the pearls of the youth academy and a player who continues to grow. As for Todibo, he has been a bit of a disappointment. The French defender seems to have got too big for his boots. He hasn't put in the kind of effort expected if he really wants to provide competition for Piqué, Lenglet and Umtiti. Even B team player Ronald Araújo is now ahead of him in the pecking order.
Barcelona hoping for decent offers for Vidal and Rakitic
Two other players who could be on their way out are Arturo Vidal and Ivan Rakitic, although neither will leave unless offers which satisfy the club come in.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Arturo Vidal: "I will always carry Barça in my heart"
- Tottenham Hotspur Tottenham's 'plan Bale'
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Luis Suárez agrees to Atletico move, Morata back to Juventus
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Democrats and Republicans look to strike deal on payment
- Coronavirus How many coronavirus cases are there in Sweden without lockdown?
- Emmy Awards Emmy Awards 2020: The list of winners