Maradona: "They have less foresight than the captain of the Titanic"
The Argentine legend offered his view on the forthcoming Boca Juniors presidential election and Juan Roman Riquelme's involvement.
Ahead of the December 8 presidential elections at Boca Juniors, Diego Armando Maradona offered his thoughts on the campaign being backed by Juan Román Riquelme, Jorge Amor Ameal (Ameal was president from 2008-2011) and Manuel Pergolini. The current Gimnasia manager took to Instagram and slammed the bid stating that the trio: "Have no idea about football or running things".
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
Yo le digo al hincha de Boca, que ese locutor y ese ídolo futbolístico, no saben nada de política, tienen cero gestión. Y encima, apoyan al peor presidente de la historia del club. Passarella, que fundió a River y lo mandó a la B, es Heidi al lado de estos tres. No tienen un proyecto futbolístico y tienen menos conducción que el capitán del Titanic. ¿Se los imaginan en la AFA, o en la Conmebol? No me hagan reír... Uno, que se cree que por ir todos los Domingos a la cancha, puede ser vicepresidente. Y el otro, que se vendió al mejor postor. Un club TAN GRANDE como Boca, no puede manejarse como un vestuario.
Maradona went on to belittle the bid stating that they plan to: "Support the worst president in the history of Boca (Ameal) and their campaign had less foresight than the captain of the Titanic".
Former Boca player Juan Román Riquelme was later consulted on Maradona's comments and was anxious to avoid fanning the flames dodging the issue stating: "I have no relationship with Maradona and can only say that I was fortunate enough to play with the best player in the history of the game".
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League to allow five substitutions for rest of 2019/20
- George Floyd Autopsy reveals George Floyd was infected with Covid-19
- George Floyd What is K-pop and why are fans swarming social media over George Floyd protests?
- GEORGE FLOYD PROTESTS George Floyd protests live updates | Minneapolis, US riots, reactions, Trump, Anonymous...
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: what to do if the payment is sent but the mail has not arrived
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: Republicans having doubts about another $1,200 payment