Lionel Messi named LaLiga player of the month for November
The Argentine striker caps a fine week of awards with the LaLiga Santander award for 'Player of the month' for November 2019.
Lionel Messi's week has been littered with awards. After the Barcelona captain scooped his sixth Ballon' d'Or award in Paris on Monday night, today, the Argentine striker was named as the best player in LaLiga for the month of November.
Ya tenemos al Mejor Jugador del Mes de noviembre en @LaLiga #LaLigaSantander...— Santander España (@santander_es) December 6, 2019
⚡ LEO MESSI ⚡
⚽ 4 goles del LÍDER AZULGRANA 🔝
¡El argentino del @FCBarcelona_es recibirá el galardón ante su afición!
¡UN APLAUSO! 👏 pic.twitter.com/jvOZ9YqmbW
Despite the Catalan club just playing three league games in the month, Messi was instrumental in both wins and the surprise defeat away to Levante in match-day 12 as Valverde's men fell 3-1 with Messi bagging the sole goal for Barça.
It was a matter of business as usual the following week as Celta Vigo were on the wrong side of a 4-1 drubbing at Camp Nou with the Barcelona captain bagging three of the four on the night. Away to Leganes on November 23rd, the Catalans left with maximum points in a game of attrition against the struggling "Cucumber Harvesters" with the Argentine delivering the assist to propel Barcelona to a 1-2 win.
Te recomendamos en English
- MARADONA 1960-2020 Maradona dead: updates, latest news and reactions
- Maradona How did Maradona die: cause of death of the Argentinean legend
- Coronavirus What are the possible side effects of the covid-19 vaccines?
- DIEGO MARADONA 1960-2020 Maradona dies at 60: football world pays tribute to Argentina great
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 at Black Friday: restock times and deals at Walmart, GameStop, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- US News Black Friday: origin, history and why is called Black Friday?