Liverpool boss Klopp hints at January striker signing
Liverpool could let Rhian Brewster head out on loan next month, potentially opening the door to a new arrival.
Jurgen Klopp has hinted that Liverpool could look to sign a striker in January if Rhian Brewster leaves the Premier League leaders on loan.
Brewster, 19, has been linked with a short-term stint away from Anfield – Crystal Palace, Leeds United and Swansea City reportedly interested.
The highly rated England Under-21 international impressed in pre-season but has managed only a pair of EFL Cup appearances this term.
Allowing him to gain experience elsewhere would leave Champions League holders Liverpool without a recognised centre-forward beyond Roberto Firmino and Divock Origi.
Rhian Brewster maybe the one to go on loan - Klopp
"Yes, we have to see," Klopp told UK media when asked whether Brewster's departure could lead to a new arrival.
"We can't just give the boys on loan because we have built this squad.
"We have three long-term injuries and four with Paul Glatzel. Two of them were pre-season, two came later with Joel [Matip] and Fabinho.
"That gives us a 16-player squad and I count the kids, but we cannot only give players on loan and think it is good for him, we always have to consider both situations, the boy's and ours.
"In the end we try to make the perfect solution. Sometimes it works out, others it does not."
Klopp said of Brewster: "Maybe Rhian is the one, age-wise, experience-wise, [to go out on loan].
"If he had not been injured he would already have been on a different level, but that is the situation and we constantly think of the situation for the boys.
"He is very young, but still a bit advanced. But I don't know, we don't make decisions right now. If we do it then it 100 per cent needs to be the right club."
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Zaha targeted by online racist abuse ahead of Villa game
- LALIGA SANTANDER Real Madrid and Barcelona take Liga title race to the wire
- GRANADA-REAL MADRID Zidane: Real Madrid coach's pre-Granada LaLiga press conference
- CORONAVIRUS US $600 unemployment benefits boost: what did Mnuchin say?
- USA Heatwave in California: what temperatures are expected and which cities are on alert?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus live updates: Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda, Ghana... cases, deaths and news