Arsenal ready to pull the plug on Ljungberg after two games
The Gunners are reportedly already losing confidence in their interim boss amid fears Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang could be eyeing the Emirates exit door.
Arsenal appear to be spiralling into a deeper mess as the days pass.
Just over a week on from sacking Unai Emery, the Gunners now reportedly have doubts over how long Freddie Ljungberg should be left in charge.
Misjudging the situation could have serious ramifications for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's future.
Ljungberg's Arsenal reign could be a short one
Arsenal fear interim boss Ljungberg's lack of managerial experience will force them to make a full-time appointment before the end of the season.
Gunners chiefs seemed set to back the Swede when Emery was moved aside but a draw with Norwich City at Carrow Road and the 2-1 loss to Brighton and Hove Albion in midweek have cast doubt over his capabilities.
Action could be taken sooner rather than later as the club mull over a list of potential targets, particularly as there are "growing concerns" about star striker Aubameyang .
The 30-year-old has reportedly stalled on contract talks and the lack of clarity over the head coaching position could end with Arsenal being forced to sell one of their strongest assets.
Chelsea to spend after transfer ban halved
- Chelsea have Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha and Leicester City left-back Ben Chilwell in their sights after their transfer ban was reduced on Friday, reports The Athletic.
- Juventus are considering a move for either Barcelona midfielder Ivan Rakitic or Leandro Paredes of Paris Saint-Germain, claims Corriere Torino.
- Inter's interest in Arturo Vidal could aid Barça's bid to sign Lautaro Martínez from the Serie A side, according to Mundo Deportivo.
- Steven Gerrard is on the verge of agreeing a new deal with Rangers that will see him remain as manager until 2024.
- Two Eredivisie stars could be headed for Portugal, reports A Bola. Belgian forward Cyriel Dessers of Heracles Almelo and exciting AZ prospect Myron Boadu are said to be in the sights of Primeira Liga heavyweights Sporting CP .
Te recomendamos en English
- LA GALAXY Nick Lima doesn’t believe Chicharito will make a difference
- PREMIER LEAGUE Solskjaer not fearing for job ahead of Tranmere trip
- BARCELONA Barcelona top dogs claim the team is confused and disorganised
- BARCELONA Barcelona to sign a striker as a smokescreen to placate fans
- Rumour Has It: PSG interested in Aubameyang amid Barcelona links
- LaLiga Al Shabab sign Sevilla's Argentine playmaker Banega