Vinicius, lucky to have escaped second booking - Iturralde
"It's a nasty challenge, he's very late", the former referee explained on Carrusel Deportivo but added that maybe the first yellow card was a bit harsh.
Vinicius completed 84 minutes of this afternoon's meeting between Real Madrid and Espanyol but could have finished the game much earlier had match official Jaime Latre deemed a late tackle by the Brazilian forward worthy of a second booking. Espanyol players protested that Vinicius should have been sent off on 39 minutes but the ref let the player off the hook.
Vinicius was shown a yellow card on 17 minutes for going in with his studs high in a 50:50 ball with Diego López. For Iturralde González, refereeing expert on Carrusel Deportivo, maybe it was a bit harsh: "It was a 50:50 ball with the keeper, and while he might have come in a little late, really it's just a standard challenge that you see in the time in football".
But the former ref felt Vinicius was fortunate not to go into the book for taking out David López in another challenge just before half-time. "That's a clear booking. It's a nasty challenge, he arrives very late. Definitely a yellow card", Iturralde González commented on La SER.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Barcelona converts car park into a temporary morgue
- Coronavirus What is the name of the coronavirus: Covid-19, SARS-CoV-2...
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: What are the risk groups?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: global confirmed cases of Covid-19 pass 1,000,000
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: UK Government urged to tax clubs refusing to cut wages
- LaLiga Coronavirus: Atletico Madrid cut player wages by 70 per cent