Salah scores to celebrate 100 Premier League games
Liverpool's Mohamed Salah marked his 100th Premier League game with a goal and only three players have had a faster scoring rate than him.
Liverpool striker Mohamed Salah made his 100th appearance in the Premier League against Bournemouth and marked the occasion with his 63rd goal.
The forward netted his team's third in the 54th minute as the leaders recorded a 3-0 away victory on Saturday.
Salah hits 63rd goal for Liverpool in the Premier League
Salah, 27, has the fourth most goals of anyone in their first 100 Premier League games.
63 - Mohamed Salah has scored his 63rd goal in his 100th Premier League appearance; only Alan Shearer (79), Ruud van Nistelrooy (68) and Sergio Aguero (64) scored more in their first 100 games in the competition than the Egyptian. King. pic.twitter.com/sPlH1LiFRJ— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) December 7, 2019
The competition's record goalscorer Alan Shearer is unsurprisingly at the top of the list with 79 strikes in his first century of matches.
Manchester United icon Ruud van Nistelrooy (68) and Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero (64) are the other players just ahead of Salah, whose strike was his seventh top-flight goal of 2019-20.
It was also the first Premier League goal he has scored away from Anfield this season.
Naby Keita set Salah up, returning the favour after the Egypt international had earlier created his goal, which was Liverpool's second. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain opened the scoring as Jurgen Klopp's side stretched their unbeaten start to 16 matches.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Bayern Munich's Ryan Johansson joins Sevilla
- MANCHESTER UNITED Tahith Chong's agent suggests Manchester United exit
- IBIZA 1-2 BARCELONA Barcelona player ratings as Griezmann avoids Ibiza shock
- PREMIER LEAGUE Raiola discusses the "elephant in the room" with Pogba and United
- COPA DEL REY Unionistas 1-2 Real Madrid live online: Copa del Rey 2019/20
- Transfers Hazard, Griezmann and João Félix head up record 2019 transfer spend