BARCELONA 5-2 MALLORCA
Messi: double figures for record 14th straight LaLiga season
On his way to scoring a record 35th LaLiga hat-trick against Real Mallorca, Lionel Messi took his goals tally into double figures for the 14th league season running.
Lionel Messi became the only player to score 10 or more goals in each of the past 14 seasons in Europe's top five leagues as he hit a record-breaking hat-trick in Barcelona's 5-2 win over Real Mallorca.
The first of Messi's strikes in Saturday's LaLiga victory, a 25-yard effort that curled away from Manolo Reina, took him into double figures for the league campaign.
Messi moves to 12 goals in 10 LaLiga games in 2019/20
The Argentina international, who landed a record sixth Ballon d'Or on Monday, doubled his tally before the interval with another goal from range, before completing his hat-trick late on to make it 12 in 10 league appearances this term.
Messi's hat-trick sets new LaLiga record
Messi's treble against Mallorca is his 35th in LaLiga - a haul that sees him overtake Cristiano Ronaldo to become the player with the most hat-tricks in Primera División history.
Messi's highest-scoring league season for Barça came in 2011/12, when he reached 50 goals in 37 appearances.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: can I get it if I also received the third stimulus check?
- US NEWS Lyrids meteor shower 2021: dates, times and how to see in the US
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Is it possible to use the money from the stimulus check to pay the rent or the mortgage?
- CORONAVIRUS US Coronavirus US: is a third dose of the Pfizer vaccine necessary?
- US NEWS How to get Covid-19 a vaccine appointment in Florida?