BARCELONA 5-2 MALLORCA
Messi: double figures for record 14th straight LaLiga season
On his way to scoring a record 35th LaLiga hat-trick against Real Mallorca, Lionel Messi took his goals tally into double figures for the 14th league season running.
Lionel Messi became the only player to score 10 or more goals in each of the past 14 seasons in Europe's top five leagues as he hit a record-breaking hat-trick in Barcelona's 5-2 win over Real Mallorca.
The first of Messi's strikes in Saturday's LaLiga victory, a 25-yard effort that curled away from Manolo Reina, took him into double figures for the league campaign.
Messi moves to 12 goals in 10 LaLiga games in 2019/20
The Argentina international, who landed a record sixth Ballon d'Or on Monday, doubled his tally before the interval with another goal from range, before completing his hat-trick late on to make it 12 in 10 league appearances this term.
Messi's hat-trick sets new LaLiga record
Messi's treble against Mallorca is his 35th in LaLiga - a haul that sees him overtake Cristiano Ronaldo to become the player with the most hat-tricks in Primera División history.
Messi's highest-scoring league season for Barça came in 2011/12, when he reached 50 goals in 37 appearances.
Te recomendamos en English
- WORLD CUP 2022 Fourth World Cup stadium ready for inauguration on 18 December
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: Jota makes Liverpool history, Arsenal draw another blank
- premier league Klopp cheers Firmino display as Liverpool set new club record
- NBA LeBron James' Los Angeles Lakers set to sign Marc Gasol – reports
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Messi is an extravagance which Barça can no longer afford
- US Election 2020 US Election 2020: why are Trump’s legal challenges continuing despite Georgia being certified for Biden?