Barcelona's Luis Suárez: Cheeky backheel was the best goal of my career
Luis Suárez crowned a great performance with a sensational finish as Barcelona ran out 5-2 winners against Real Mallorca at Camp Nou on Saturday.
As far as Luis Suárez is concerned, his wonderful back-heel finish against Mallorca last night was probably the best goal he has ever scored. Suárez beat Manolo Reina on 42 minutes with what can only be described as a 'back-heel rabona' as Barça strolled to a 5-2 win at Camp Nou and reclaimed top spot in LaLiga.
Back-heel was the only option from that angle - Suárez
While Lionel Messi bagged a record-breaking hat-trick, Suárez and Antoine Griezmann joined him on an entertaining night for the home fans. "It's the best goal of my career," Suárez, who has now scored against all 28 teams he has faced in LaLiga, said of his stunning finish. "I knew that it was a tight angle and the last option I had was to hit it with my heel. I was looking to bounce it because I had very little chance against the goalkeeper. [Head coach Ernesto] Valverde tells me that sometimes I miss the easiest ones and score the most difficult ones."
Barça moved ahead of Real Madrid on goal difference after their rivals won earlier in the day at home to Espanyol. "This shows the confidence we're gaining as the matches go by," Suárez said. "We've been looking for our team-mates more and it was a great match today."
Antoine Griezmann opened the scoring in the seventh minute as the former Atlético de Madrid star netted his first LaLiga goal since 18 October. "He has had to take up a new position in attack, he must find his space," Suárez said of Griezmann. "I congratulate him on settling in because it's not easy."
Te recomendamos en English
- LaLiga Barcelona vs Granada: LaLiga Santander: how and where to watch, times, TV, online
- REAL MADRID 2 -1 SEVILLA Lopetegui to Monchi: "This is a disgrace man, always the same"
- REAL MADRID 2-1 SEVILLA Monchi: "If the second goal had been disallowed, I'd have taken the team off"
- Barcelona Setien surprised by Barcelona players' attitude
- PSG Neymar has become the leader PSG hoped for - says Tuchel
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool vs Manchester United: Premier League: How and where to watch