Mourinho salutes Heung-min Son: "Even my son calls him 'Sonaldo Nazário'"
The Spurs boss said that Son Heung-min's wondergoal against Burnley reminded him of Ronaldo's for Barcelona against Compostela in 1996-97.
Tottenham manager José Mourinho was left gobsmacked when Heung-min Son produced one of the goals of the season against Burnley on Saturday and compared it to the individual effort the great Ronaldo Nazário scored against Compostela during his time at Barcelona - a goal which Mourinho added he was privileged to see at the stadium.
"“Even before these goals, my son calls him Sonaldo – ‘Sonaldo Nazário’ and today he was Sonaldo Nazário because the only thing that came to my mind is the goal where I had the honour to see, sat next to Sir Bobby Robson. It was Compostela versus Barcelona, 1996 and Ronaldo Nazário got the ball from behind the midfield line and scored a very similar goal to Son. That was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw it, an amazing goal… but more important, the performance, the result, goals, happiness with the fans, happiness in the team, young boys coming off the bench, the debut of a 17-year-old kid, the clean sheet… I’m really, really happy”", the Spurs boss said.
Spurs' pre-Christmas fixtures
Saturday's result leaves Spurs sixth in the table and just six points behind fourth-placed Chelsea - who they meet in a fortnight's time. Before that, Mourinho's men take on Bayern Munich in the Champions League on Wednesday having already booked their place in the next round - then Wolves away next weekend.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Martin Luther King Jr Day: most famous quotes & speeches
- US POLITICS Biden-Harris reveal inauguration playlist: songs and where to listen
- NFL NFL conference championship finals: dates, times & previews
- NFL Playoff Final When and where is Super Bowl LV 2021? - Date, location & kick-off time
- NFL Patrick Mahomes injured: When could he return?
- UNITED STATES $1,400 third stimulus check updates today: when is it coming, What Biden said about it, eligibility, IRS tax | Live