Bale back in full training with Real Madrid
The Welsh forward has got over the hamstring injury niggle that saw him miss the Espanyol game. Asensio, Lucas Vázquez, Marcelo and Hazard are all still recovering.
After their latest win in LaLiga, a 2-0 triumph over Espanyol on Saturday afternoon, Real Madrid were back training at their facilities at Valdebebas, with their minds firmly fixed on their final group stage Champions League game against Club Brugges on Wednesday evening at 21:00.
Bale back in full training
The players who featured in the starting line-up against Espanyol used the session to recover from their exertions at the Bernabéu. Of note was the return of Gareth Bale, who trained with the squad for the first time in several days, having been confined to the gym recently as he worked through a swollen hamstring issue. James Rodríguez trained alone outdoors, while Asensio, Lucas Vázquez, Marcelo and Hazard all continued with their respective recoveries from injury.
Zidane brought in players from Castilla Altube - López, Manu Hernando y Ayoub - and Jurado from the Cadete A side to make up the numbers for the session which started with an extended run. After that the Real Madrid players practiced pressing and possession, along with a skills circuit. To finish up, the Madrid players took part in a mini-match.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS David Beckham's Inter Miami and in sponsorship talks with Qatar
- SERIE A Inter Milan director confirms Christian Eriksen bid and agreement for Chelsea's Victor Moses
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola focused on improving Manchester City rather than chasing Liverpool
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Ousmane Dembélé enters the final phase of his recovery
- ARITZ GABILONDO Reinier, a classic No. 10 in the same mould as Kaká or Rai
- FOOTBALL Messi, Aubameyang, Pogba... 15 stars who are out of contract in 2021