Joaquín becomes oldest player to score LaLiga hat-trick
Betis legend Joaquín has created a slice of LaLiga history with his treble inside the opening 20 minutes of Real Betis' clash with Athletic Bilbao.
Betis winger Joaquín rolled back the years on Sunday as he became the oldest player to score a hat-trick in LaLiga history.
Joaquín on fire in first 20
The 38-year-old plundered three goals inside the opening 20 minutes in his side's clash with Athletic Bilbao at Estadio Benito Villamarin.
His treble takes his LaLiga tally for the season to six goals – the same as his total from last season and the most he has scored in a domestic campaign since 2003-04.
Joaquin – capped 51 times by Spain – started his career at Betis before moving to Valencia in 2006. He then enjoyed spells at Malaga and Fiorentina before returning to Los Verdiblancos in 2015.
Athletic made a game of it, coming back to make it 3-2, but were unable to get the equaliser.
Te recomendamos en English
- SEVILLA VS REAL MADRID LaLiga: Real Madrid team news, possible starting line-up vs Sevilla
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid on track to finish 5th this season in LaLiga
- Rumour Has It: PSG still considering Messi signing
- LIGUE 1 PSG still considering Messi signing
- GAMING PS5 restock updates US: Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon, Costco, Kohls, GameStop, Target...
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: how could a new stimulus affect unemployment benefits?