Messi, Piqué sit out Barcelona's trip to Inter
Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde has summoned 20 players for the trip to Milan, including youngsters Ansu Fati, Riqui Puig, Dani Morer and Ronald Araújo.
After a hectic run of days which included his fantastic late goal winner against Atlético Madrid at the Wanda, the sixth Ballon d’Or celebrations in Paris and a hat trick against Mallorca, Lionel Messi has agreed to rest for Barcelona’s trip to Inter Milan.
As the two important league games against Real Sociedad and Real Madrid loom, coach Ernesto Valverde has decided to leave the captain at home for the inconclusive final fixture against Inter in Champions League Group F, where Barcelona have already secured the top spot.
Also missing the flight are two deputy captains, Gerard Piqué and Sergi Roberto. The latter suffered a blow in the game against Mallorca on Saturday and, with Nelson Semedo injured, his availability for Sociedad and Madrid is vital.
In total Valverde has summoned 20 players for the trip to Milan, including stalwarts Luis Suárez and Sergio Busquets, youngsters Ansu Fati, Riqui Puig, Dani Morer and Ronald Araújo. Reserve team goalkeeper, 20-year-old Iñaki Peña, also makes the flight.
The 2️⃣0️⃣ summoned for the trip to Milan! pic.twitter.com/CD2OmOf8Ij— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) December 9, 2019
Barcelona squad for Inter Milan trip
Goalkeepers: Ter Stegen, Peña, Neto
Defenders: Busquets, Todibo, Lenglet, Umtiti, Wague, Junior Firpo, Araújo, Morer
Midfielders: Rakitic, Aleña, De Jong, Vidal, Perez, Riqui Puig,
Forwards: Griezmann, Suarez, Ansu Fati
Te recomendamos en English
- European Super League Ceferin launches stinging attack on Florentino Pérez: "He is the president of nothing"
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE LaLiga title race resumes after big three burn bridges over Super League
- LALIGA Atlético Madrid go top of LaLiga
- SUPERLIGA Real Madrid facing punishment for Super League involvement
- UFC Dana White wants UFC to return to Mexico
- NBA Curry on record scoring streak: It was a special ride