Marcelino and Emery in pole position for Premier League posts
The former Valencia manager is strongly linked with the vacant Arsenal job with the Basque coach being tipped to take over at Goodison Park.
Unai Emery and Arsenal FC finally parted company on November 29 with the home defeat to Eintracht Frankfurt in the Europa League the Hondarribia born managers's last game on the 'Gunners' bench. Two weeks later and the Basque coach is now one of the strong favourites to replace outgoing Everton coach Marco Silva, who was relieved of his responsibilities last week.
Former player Duncan Ferguson was on the bench to oversee the weekend win over Chelsea in Liverpool and the former player, Emery and former Bayern manager Nico Kovac according to UK sources are on the shortlist for the role at Goodison Park.
Emery's departure from Arsenal has club delegates looking for a new incumbent with a decision having being made to not offer temporary replacement Freddie Ljunberg the position on a full time basis. Marcelino Garcia Toral (former Valencia manager) has been spotted in the English capital and has been immersed in intensive English classes since his dismissal from the Spanish side. Other candidates for the position such as Patrick Viera and Massimiliano Allegri have slipped behind the Asturian in the bookmakers prices to take over at Arsenal.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: total UK cases and deaths, real-time map, 4 April
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total Nigeria cases and deaths, real-time map, 4 April
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total USA cases and deaths, real-time map, 4 April
- Coronavirus Coronavirus live updates today: data, infections, deaths USA, India, UK...
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Details of Neymar Sr's meeting with Bartomeu to resolve lawsuit revealed
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is furlough and how will it affect workers?