Rashford likened to Cristiano Ronaldo by United boss Solskjaer
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaped praise on in-form Manchester United forward Marcus Rashford.
Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer believes Marcus Rashford can reach the level of superstar Cristiano Ronaldo.
Rashford continued his excellent form to start the season with another goal in United's stunning 2-1 derby win at Premier League champions Manchester City on Saturday.
The 22-year-old United and England star has scored 13 goals this term – 10 of those coming in the Premier League.
And Solskjaer likened Rashford to the five-time Ballon d'Or winner Ronaldo, who claimed three Premier League titles and the Champions League with United before leaving for Real Madrid in 2009.
"It's very easy to compare the two of them, yeah," said United boss Solskjaer. "Both with skills, body shape, attitude, attributes - everything.
"The boy [Rashford] has every chance in the world to become a top, top player. Let's hope he continues like this.
"I don't want to talk about the amount of goals. As long as he keeps being positive and being direct and thinking about getting in front of the goal and getting chances, he'll score goals."
United – up to fifth in the Premier League standings following wins over City and Tottenham – welcome Everton to Old Trafford on Sunday.
Not before United face AZ in their sixth and final Group L Europa League fixture on Thursday.
Te recomendamos en English
- Mourinho quips: Will Man Utd get Man City's 2018 title after FFP breach?
- Real Madrid Real Madrid's season set to be determined by the next 30 days
- PORTUGAL Extraordinary scenes as Porto's Marega walks off pitch over racist chants
- REAL MADRID Rodrygo and Vinicius seem inextricably linked
- JUVENTUS Sarri explains reasons for Ronaldo's omission following Juventus win
- Champions League Champions League Istanbul 2020 final match-ball revealed