'PSG star Neymar provokes opponents and cries when kicked'
Michel Der Zakarian, the Montpellier manager, spoke about the attitude of PSG's Brazilian star on the field of play, something he wasn't impressed by.
Neymar Jr has been the target of criticism by Michel Der Zakarian, the Montpellier coach, with the Brazilian's style of play and attitude on the pitch not going down well after the latest game in Ligue 1.
Montpellier's home game at the weekend ended with a 1-3 loss to PSG and included one their players, Pedro Mendes, being sent off. The free-kick that was awarded for the second yellow was tucked away by Neymar, who had been guilty of some antagonising showboating, and following the match Der Zakarian had his say on the Brazilian.
"He has a game that always provokes opponents with his skills and his dribbles," the defeated manager began before following up with, "When he gets kicked he is always crying."
As well as winding up his opponents, Neymar also got involved with the home fans, gesturing to them to be quiet (something we saw before). And as the players headed down the tunnel after the final whistle, Montpellier forward Andy Delort had an angry exchange with the Brazilian which had to be broken up by nearby security.
"He's a great player and it's just a pity at the end of the game that he wound everyone up," Delort said. "I told him that his team were 3-1 up.
"He played 63 one-twos. He didn't need to do that but he told me he was just playing passes. That's not respectful but then we can't have had the same education.
"I told him that he needs to respect people," Delort continued. "When you're idolised you need to show the right values. His attitude since he's been in France is there for everyone to see. He's over the top, winds people up and speaks badly."
PSG are now clear by five points at the top of the French top flight as they head into a Champions League dead-rubber against Galatasaray on Wednesday.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax refund, House vote | Live
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: are current vaccines effective against the Californian strain?
- Coronavirus Can unemployed Americans who refuse a job apply for unemployment benefits?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: how many votes are needed to pass the relief bill?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check calculator: how much could you receive?
- US POLITICS Will Mitch McConnell support Trump's possible candidacy in 2024?