Tuchel warns Mbappé: "You need to respect my decisions"
"When you've won titiles and have his talent, of course you don't want to be substituted, but he needs to show more respect to the player replacing him".
Paris St-Germain striker Kylian Mbappe has been warned to "respect the decisions of the coach" by German manager Thomas Tuchel after the forward visibly showed his displeasure upon being substituted in the recent Ligue 1 clash against Montpelllier.
Mbappe was swapped for Eric Choupo-Moting close to the end of the 90 minutes with the result of the game beyond doubt (1-3) in Montpellier. "He has a special mindset. When you've won trophies and have his talent, you don't want to be substituted but he has to respect my decisions and show respect for the incoming player", stated Tuchel speaking ahead of the PSG-Galatasaray Champions League clash in Paris.
Tuchel added that he'd forgotten about the Mbappe incident "a minute later" and that he didn't take the matter personally.
PSG are already through to the Round of 16 of the 2019-20 Champions League having already secured top ranking in Group A with Real Madrid in second place and Tuchel is expected to rotate his side for the visit of the Turkish champions.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus How much money has been sent in stimulus checks and how much remains unsent?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Trump keen to invest $1 trillion
- Coronavirus A second stimulus payment is highly unlikely
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: green energy call from Democrats in next round of payments
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League return: five fixtures not to miss
- GEORGE FLOYD PROTESTS George Floyd protests live updates | Minneapolis, US riots, reactions, Trump, Anonymous...