Ancelotti: “I'm not sure if I'll be on the bench for the next game"
The current Napoli coach Carlo Ancelotti alluded that the Champions League win against Genk may be his last on the San Paolo bench.
Current Napoli coach, Carlo Ancelotti was vague when asked about his situation as manager of the Neapolitan side. Speaking to ‘Sky Sport’ after the Champions League win over Belgian side Genk, the coach stated: "I'm not sure if I'll be on the bench next Saturday, I hope to be and I'll talk to the president (De Laurentiis) tomorrow to clarify matters. It's a decision that the club and board now need to take”.
The former Bayern and Real Madrid manager refused to be drawn on rumours linking Gattuso to the Serie A club's bench: “I don´t know or worry about other managers, I was only focused on the game. Resign? No, I've never done that and I never will”.
Regarding the win and passage to the last 16 of the Champions League the coach added: “This was one of the satisfying results from the past few months. We've showed that we can compete in Europe and sadly don't show this side in Serie A".
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man Utd boss wants trio to take up Ronaldo, Rooney, Tévez mantle
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: LaLiga Santander, how and where to watch
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Ban for Real Madrid's Valverde no surprise to Atlético boss Simeone
- LALIGA SANTANDER The closet fought LaLiga campaign for 17 years
- BAYERN MUNICH Bayern: Flick admits transfer demands have changed
- Real Madrid Benzema included in Real Madrid 19-man-squad for Sevilla match