Everton to open talks with Arsenal-linked Ancelotti
Everton have reportedly made contact with Carlo Ancelotti after the Italian was sacked as manager of Serie A side Napoli on Tuesday night.
Manager-less Everton are set to make the first move for Carlo Ancelotti. "The Toffees" will reportedly begin talks with the Italian following his departure from Napoli on Tuesday.
Ancelotti was sacked three hours after a 4-0 win over Genk, which confirmed the Serie A club's place in the Champions League knockout rounds.
SSC Napoli has taken the decision to part ways with first-team coach Carlo Ancelotti.— Official SSC Napoli (@en_sscnapoli) December 10, 2019
The friendship and mutual respect between the club, President Aurelio De Laurentiis and Carlo Ancelotti remain intact.
Everton will waste no time in opening contract talks with free agent Ancelotti in the wake of his Napoli exit, according to Sky Sports.
Managerless Arsenal are also said to be considering the 60-year-old former Chelsea, Milan and Real Madrid boss as a possible replacement for Unai Emery.
But the Toffees could get the jump on their Premier League rivals after Shanghai SIPG's Vitor Pereira pulled out of the race to succeed Marco Silva, although David Moyes reportedly remains an option to take charge on an interim basis.
Ancelotti has won the Champions League three times as a coach and secured league titles in England, France, Germany and Italy.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGA MX Jalisco governor confirms Chivas will host León behind closed doors
- Football Sundowns refuse Al-Ahly's offer for Sirino
- Ramos Sergio Ramos offers Conor McGregor a fight
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League: What Real Madrid need to qualify for last 16
- Coronavirus What is the approval status of the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines?
- coronavirus stimulus checks Second stimulus check: why could Georgia be decisive?