Everton to open talks with Arsenal-linked Ancelotti
Everton have reportedly made contact with Carlo Ancelotti after the Italian was sacked as manager of Serie A side Napoli on Tuesday night.
Manager-less Everton are set to make the first move for Carlo Ancelotti. "The Toffees" will reportedly begin talks with the Italian following his departure from Napoli on Tuesday.
Ancelotti was sacked three hours after a 4-0 win over Genk, which confirmed the Serie A club's place in the Champions League knockout rounds.
SSC Napoli has taken the decision to part ways with first-team coach Carlo Ancelotti.— Official SSC Napoli (@en_sscnapoli) December 10, 2019
The friendship and mutual respect between the club, President Aurelio De Laurentiis and Carlo Ancelotti remain intact.
Everton will waste no time in opening contract talks with free agent Ancelotti in the wake of his Napoli exit, according to Sky Sports.
Managerless Arsenal are also said to be considering the 60-year-old former Chelsea, Milan and Real Madrid boss as a possible replacement for Unai Emery.
But the Toffees could get the jump on their Premier League rivals after Shanghai SIPG's Vitor Pereira pulled out of the race to succeed Marco Silva, although David Moyes reportedly remains an option to take charge on an interim basis.
Ancelotti has won the Champions League three times as a coach and secured league titles in England, France, Germany and Italy.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo inspired Man United move - Bruno Fernandes
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Rodrygo to drop down to Castilla
- Chivas beats Xolos in Tijuana in the beginning of the 7th week of the Clausura 2020
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid players who will be out of contract in 2021
- MLS Jürgen Damm could sign with a MLS team in July
- LALIGA SANTANDER Levante vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online