Barcelona outstrip Real Madrid in LaLiga television revenue
LaLiga champions Barcelona pocketed more TV revenue than any other club in the Spanish top flight last season.
LaLiga has published the distribution of television revenue in Spain's top two divisions in the 2018/19 season, a campaign that saw the 20 teams in Primera split a total of 1.42bn euros - up from 1.33bn the previous year.
Barcelona earn 11.2m euros more than Real Madrid
Barcelona, who were crowned Spanish champions for the 26th time, were the highest-paid club in LaLiga, pocketing a total of 166.5m euros, while Real Madrid, who finished third, were the league's second biggest TV earners, picking up 155.3m.
At the other end of the spectrum, relegated pair Rayo Vallecano and Huesca were LaLiga's lowest-paid clubs, receiving 47.4m and 44.2m euros, respectively.
Málaga the highest TV earners in Segunda
In Segunda División, meanwhile, Málaga were the top earners, netting 30m euros. The Andalusians were followed by Deportivo La Coruña (24.7m) and Las Palmas (23.6m).
Te recomendamos en English
- UEFA commits to 12 host cities for delayed Euro 2020
- COPA DEL REY Rayo Vallecano 1-2 Barcelona: result, summary and goals
- INTER MILAN Conte glad as Lukaku shows anger after Ibrahimovic outburst
- Football AFC draw sets up impressive clashes
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Third stimulus check: what will the minimum age be to claim payment?
- UNITED STATES Third stimulus check: when is it expected to be approved?