Barcelona outstrip Real Madrid in LaLiga television revenue
LaLiga champions Barcelona pocketed more TV revenue than any other club in the Spanish top flight last season.
LaLiga has published the distribution of television revenue in Spain's top two divisions in the 2018/19 season, a campaign that saw the 20 teams in Primera split a total of 1.42bn euros - up from 1.33bn the previous year.
Barcelona earn 11.2m euros more than Real Madrid
Barcelona, who were crowned Spanish champions for the 26th time, were the highest-paid club in LaLiga, pocketing a total of 166.5m euros, while Real Madrid, who finished third, were the league's second biggest TV earners, picking up 155.3m.
At the other end of the spectrum, relegated pair Rayo Vallecano and Huesca were LaLiga's lowest-paid clubs, receiving 47.4m and 44.2m euros, respectively.
Málaga the highest TV earners in Segunda
In Segunda División, meanwhile, Málaga were the top earners, netting 30m euros. The Andalusians were followed by Deportivo La Coruña (24.7m) and Las Palmas (23.6m).
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL Pochettino hopeful of having Neymar available for Coupe de France final
- BARCELONA Barcelona secure 500 million euro loan from Goldman Sachs
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Child Tax Credit 2021: is there a maximum number of children who can receive payments?
- Champions League Manchester City to pay fans' travel costs for Champions League final
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester United vs Fulham: live
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Barcelona's Champions League win boosts women's football in Spain