Lacazette and Saka sizzle as Arsenal end top of their group
Arsenal required a draw at least to advance. They turned around a two-goal deficit at Stade Maurice Dufrasne and with Eintracht Frankfurt losing, top the group.
Arsenal came from two goals down to draw 2-2 away to Standard Liège and win their group while Dynamo Kiev and Lazio both crashed out of the Europa League following the the final round of group games on Thursday.
Arsenal bounce back in Belgium
After a sluggish first half at Stade Maurice Dufrasne, Arsenal found themselves trailing 2-0 to two deflected strikes by Samuel Bastien and Selim Amallah before bursting into life after the break when Alexandre Lacazette and Bukayo Saka found the target within three minutes of each other to put them level.
Over in Frankfurt, Eintracht looked set to go through as Group F winners until they conceded two late goals to lose 3-2 to bottom side Vitoria Guimaraes. Al-Musrati and Marcus Edwards turned the game on its head with two goals in the last five minutes. The results outs the Gunners into the next round as group winners on 11 points, with the Germans second on nine.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGUE 1 Nantes unveil new kit in honour of the late Emiliano Sala
- MLS Inter Miami has their eyes set on two Franchise Players
- 2022 WORLD CUP QATAR Aubameyang to face Salah in World Cup qualifying
- COPA DEL REY Shinji Kagawa and Zaragoza come out on top in Copa del Rey battle with Take Kubo's Mallorca
- Messi, Busquets and Pique rested for Ibiza trip
- Lovren lifts leaders Liverpool as defender returns to training