Fellaini rules out Mourinho reunion at Totthenham
The former Manchester United midfielder had been linked with a move to Spurs this week, where his former boss Jose Mourinho is looking for January reinforcements.
Marouane Fellaini has ruled out a January move to Tottenham to reunite with his former Man United boss Jose Mourinho.
Following Mourinho’s United dismissal in December last year, Fellaini soon followed him to the Old Trafford exit door, moving to Chinese Super League club Shandong Luneng Taishan in February.
Mourinho recently returned to a coaching role with Spurs after an 11-month hiatus and, according to reports emerging from Belgium this week, wanted to sign the 32-year-old Belgian midfielder as part of his winter reinforcement plan in North London.
However, Fellaini has stated he has no intentions of leaving China for a return to the Premier League with Spurs.
Fellaini "happy" in China
"Jose is special for me. We text each other, we call each other from time to time," Fellaini told Eleven Sports.
"He's taken over at Spurs and he's doing well. I wish him all the best, but I am good where I am now."
After signing a contract with SD Luneng Taishan until the end of 2021, the Belgian international has scored twelve goals and provided five assists in 34 games. The Jinan-based club is currently fifth in the CSL with two games remaining and were knocked out of the AFC Champions League at the last 16 stage.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGUE 1 Nantes unveil new kit in honour of the late Emiliano Sala
- MLS Inter Miami has their eyes set on two Franchise Players
- 2022 WORLD CUP QATAR Aubameyang to face Salah in World Cup qualifying
- COPA DEL REY Shinji Kagawa and Zaragoza come out on top in Copa del Rey battle with Take Kubo's Mallorca
- Messi, Busquets and Pique rested for Ibiza trip
- Lovren lifts leaders Liverpool as defender returns to training