Fellaini rules out Mourinho reunion at Totthenham
The former Manchester United midfielder had been linked with a move to Spurs this week, where his former boss Jose Mourinho is looking for January reinforcements.
Marouane Fellaini has ruled out a January move to Tottenham to reunite with his former Man United boss Jose Mourinho.
Following Mourinho’s United dismissal in December last year, Fellaini soon followed him to the Old Trafford exit door, moving to Chinese Super League club Shandong Luneng Taishan in February.
Mourinho recently returned to a coaching role with Spurs after an 11-month hiatus and, according to reports emerging from Belgium this week, wanted to sign the 32-year-old Belgian midfielder as part of his winter reinforcement plan in North London.
However, Fellaini has stated he has no intentions of leaving China for a return to the Premier League with Spurs.
Fellaini "happy" in China
"Jose is special for me. We text each other, we call each other from time to time," Fellaini told Eleven Sports.
"He's taken over at Spurs and he's doing well. I wish him all the best, but I am good where I am now."
After signing a contract with SD Luneng Taishan until the end of 2021, the Belgian international has scored twelve goals and provided five assists in 34 games. The Jinan-based club is currently fifth in the CSL with two games remaining and were knocked out of the AFC Champions League at the last 16 stage.
Te recomendamos en English
- Transfer market PSG join Aubameyang chase amid Barcelona links
- VALLADOLID 0-1 REAL MADRID Zidane cautious as Real Madrid go top: "There' a long way to go"
- NBA LeBron James, inconsolable after finding out about Kobe Bryant
- KOBE BRYANT 1978-2022 Kobe Bryant: Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi hail "a true legend"
- Kobe Bryant dead: Dallas Mavericks to retire number 24 jersey
- Football Olympic qualifiers moved from China to Sydney due to virus fears