Neymar's Barcelona relationship fine despite lawsuit, says father
Neymar Sr has insisted there is no bad blood between his son and Josep Maria Bartomeu, Barcelona's president.
Neymar's ongoing legal action against Barcelona has not harmed his relationship with club president Josep Maria Bartomeu, according to the player's father.
Neymar OK with Bartomeu
Ex-Barca star Neymar initiated a lawsuit against his former employers soon after joining Paris Saint-Germain in 2017.
The dispute over a €26million unpaid loyalty bonus remains before the courts but, on Thursday, Spanish newspaper Mundo Deportivo claimed the 27-year-old had filed a new €3.5m claim.
Neymar Sr addressed the matter in a radio interview and said it was "nothing new" as he expressed confidence a settlement would be reached.
"It's a thing from the past, when Neymar left Barcelona," he told COPE. "We always want to reach an agreement, it is better for everyone. Barcelona are not worried about this and neither are we."
The legal friction further complicated Neymar's recent attempt to secure a move back to Camp Nou, which failed to materialise.
Lionel Messi admitted some at the club opposed the attacker's return but Neymar Sr insisted there was no bad blood between the Selecao star and Bartomeu, who has since ruled out a January approach.
"We have never had a bad relationship with Bartomeu," Neymar Sr said, before adding: "We don't know anything about the future.
"Neymar has a contract with the PSG. He is happy."
Neymar is in his third season with Ligue 1 side PSG, having spent four at LaLiga champions Barca following his arrival in Spain from Santos.
Te recomendamos en English
- NATIONS LEAGUE Luis Enrique: "It would be wonderful to lift a trophy"
- EUROPA LEAGUE Gareth Bale scores his 200th career goal
- F1 Formula One confirm barrier changes after Grosjean crash
- Donald Trump Can Trump pardon Ivanka, Donald Jr, Eric and Giuliani?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: who backs the $900 billion relief bill?
- US News Spotify Wrapped 2020: how to check your most-listened songs and artist of the year