Pérez says Casillas is Madrid's "forever captain" during Corazón Clasico presentation
The traditional charity game had to change dates next year due to remodelling work but will be played on March 29 at the Santiago Bernabéu against Porto.
Florentino Pérez, Real Madrid's president, and Alipio Jorge Fernandes, vice-president of Porto presented the latest edition of the Corazón Classic Match. The date for this year's game has been changed to March 29 due to works at the Santiago Bernabéu. The game will be played at 12:00 with Spain playing in Amsterdam against Holland on the same date.
Florentino Pérez said: "I appreciate the affection you have shown to join us for this touching game, to help those who need it most. Porto is a great European club. It is a legendary club, loved in this country and admired at a world level. We have some players in common too such as our forever captain Iker Casillas."
Alipio Jorge Fernandes thanked Real Madrid for inviting them to play in the game: "Real Madrid and Porto are friends and for this, the first word is thanks. It's obvious that Porto couldn't turn down the invitation from Real Madrid. We see it as a sign of our prestige."
Iker Casillas, who is recovering from a heart attack, played with both clubs as did Pepe, Casemiro, and James amongst others. Just last summer, Eder Militao became the latest to move between the two teams when he joined Real Madrid for €50 million.
The proceeds from the game will go to various projects at the Real Madrid Foundation.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Manchester United would rather sign Diogo Jota than Raul Jimenez
- NAPOLI- BARCELONA Setién: "Barcelona do not talk much about Anfield or Rome"
- Vanessa Bryant submits wrongful death lawsuit against helicopter company
- Champions League Napoli “There is no space for Hirving Lozano here”
- Thiago Silva, Herrera to miss second leg of Borussia Dortmund tie
- Liga MX Roberto Alvarado denies spitting on Enner Valencia