Liverpool: James Milner thrilled with new contract extension
The evergreen midfielder would have been free to leave the summer in the summer but has agreed a two-year extension.
On a day when Jürgen Klopp committed his future to Liverpool, there was more good news to come out of Anfield as midfielder James Milner signed a new contract with the club. Milner’s new deal takes him to June 2022.
Experience and reliability
Milner’s previous contract was due to expire next summer but it will come as no surprise to Reds fans that he has been offered a new deal. The tireless midfielder’s performance levels have consistently been high; he is a reliable penalty taker and his experience and savvy is a positive influence on the younger members of Klopp’s squad.
The 33-year-old has made 21 first team appearances this season in all competitions, scoring three goals - one in the Premier League and two in the EFL Carabao Cup.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Van Dijk: "We don't feel unbeatable"
- BARCELONA Barcelona sign Brazilian right-back Yan Couto
- SERIE A Pioli pleased as AC Milan dig deep for win against Brescia
- SERIE A Paulo Dybala admits he was close to leaving Juventus
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Eden Hazard has sights set on returning for the Madrid derby
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Setien admits he got a huge fright in Ibiza