Premier League: Arsenal intensify Nuno interest and keep Martínez in mind
Arsenal reportedly hope to hold discussions with Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo following this weekend's Premier League games.
Arsenal appear to have strengthened their interest in Nuno Espirito Santo.
Just over two weeks after dismissing Unai Emery, the Gunners are reportedly ready to hold talks with one of the top contenders to take over at Emirates Stadium.
But the Portuguese is not alone when it comes to candidates with Premier League experience.
TOP STORY – GUNNERS STEP UP NUNO CHASE
Arsenal will ask Wolves for permission to conduct formal discussions with Nuno next week, according to the Daily Mail.
The north Londoners are reportedly ready to "set to accelerate their interest" in the 45-year-old former Valencia and Porto head coach.
Belgium boss Roberto Martínez is also said to have been approached, while Mauricio Pochettino, Mikel Arteta and Patrick Vieira continue to be linked.
Freddie Ljungberg has overseen two draws, a defeat and a solitary victory since taking charge on an interim basis.
- Like his former employers, ex-Arsenal boss Emery will not be rushed into a decision on his next move. Some corners of the Spanish press report that the Spaniard has turned down the chance to speak to two Chinese clubs and managerless Everton since becoming a free agent on November 29.
- Premier League champions Manchester City hope to bring wantaway winger Jadon Sancho back to the Etihad Stadium after losing him to Borussia Dortmund in 2017, reports the Daily Mail.
- On the outer at Chelsea, Olivier Giroud appears to be moving closer to the Stamford Bridge exit door. L'Equipe claims the France striker is close to agreeing personal terms on a January switch to Inter, where he would reunite with Antonio Conte.
- Serie A side Milan will be offered the chance to sign Luka Jovic on loan from Real Madrid in January, according to Tuttomercatoweb.
- Barcelona will listen to offers of €10million for teenage defender Jean-Clair Todibo, reports Mundo Deportivo. The Spanish newspaper claims Bayer Leverkusen, Milan, Monaco, Southampton and Watford have submitted bids.
- Real Betis have sealed a deal to sign former Atlético Madrid winger Yannick Carrasco from Chinese Super League side Dalian Yifang, according to Deportes Cuatro.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS David Beckham's Inter Miami and in sponsorship talks with Qatar
- SERIE A Inter Milan director confirms Christian Eriksen bid and agreement for Chelsea's Victor Moses
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola focused on improving Manchester City rather than chasing Liverpool
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Ousmane Dembélé enters the final phase of his recovery
- ARITZ GABILONDO Reinier, a classic No. 10 in the same mould as Kaká or Rai
- FOOTBALL Messi, Aubameyang, Pogba... 15 stars who are out of contract in 2021