Arthur left out by Valverde for snowboarding while injured
According to TV3, Arthur Melo was snowboarding, an activity that is not compatible with football, while injured and it has delayed his return for Barcelona.
Barcelona's medical team sent out an update on Arthur Melo a number of weeks ago that said: "The Brazilian has been diagnosed with pain in his pubis." There is growing concern over his lingering injury issues at the club.
In the session ahead of their game against Real Sociedad, which took place on Friday afternoon, the midfielder didn't appear on the field.
According to TV3, the reason for his absence is because he was snowboarding on 3 December (before the Atlético game) and on Sunday, 24 November (after Leganés). This activity, which is not compatible with football given the stress it puts on your hips and knees, has delayed his recovery.
Arthur was at Grau Roig in Grandvalira accompanied by Barcelona's keeper, Neto, and his family. The difference between the two players is that Neto did not do any activity related to skiing. Arthur played the last few minutes against Atlético at the Wanda Metropolitano.
The game against Real Sociedad will be the third consecutive game he has missed with the pubis injury.
Te recomendamos en English
- Mourinho quips: Will Man Utd get Man City's 2018 title after FFP breach?
- Real Madrid Real Madrid's season set to be determined by the next 30 days
- PORTUGAL Extraordinary scenes as Porto's Marega walks off pitch over racist chants
- REAL MADRID Rodrygo and Vinicius seem inextricably linked
- JUVENTUS Sarri explains reasons for Ronaldo's omission following Juventus win
- Champions League Champions League Istanbul 2020 final match-ball revealed