Arthur left out by Valverde for snowboarding while injured
According to TV3, Arthur Melo was snowboarding, an activity that is not compatible with football, while injured and it has delayed his return for Barcelona.
Barcelona's medical team sent out an update on Arthur Melo a number of weeks ago that said: "The Brazilian has been diagnosed with pain in his pubis." There is growing concern over his lingering injury issues at the club.
In the session ahead of their game against Real Sociedad, which took place on Friday afternoon, the midfielder didn't appear on the field.
According to TV3, the reason for his absence is because he was snowboarding on 3 December (before the Atlético game) and on Sunday, 24 November (after Leganés). This activity, which is not compatible with football given the stress it puts on your hips and knees, has delayed his recovery.
Arthur was at Grau Roig in Grandvalira accompanied by Barcelona's keeper, Neto, and his family. The difference between the two players is that Neto did not do any activity related to skiing. Arthur played the last few minutes against Atlético at the Wanda Metropolitano.
The game against Real Sociedad will be the third consecutive game he has missed with the pubis injury.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- Coronavirus stimulus checks Second stimulus check update: US coronavirus relief bill
- UFC UFC 254: Emotional Khabib announces retirement after beating Gaethje
- US Election 2020 Early voting in Florida: when will it end and where can I vote?
- Halloween What's the origin, meaning and history of Halloween?
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Real Madrid edge ahead of Barcelona in historical rivalry