Zidane not holding back Casemiro as squad named for Valencia trip
The Real Madrid coach has included the Brazilian midfielder in his 19-man squad for Valencia despite his risk of missing the Clásico should he recieve a booking.
Zinedine Zidane is not holding anyone back for the Clásico, not even Casemiro.
Doubts were hanging over Casemiro’s inclusion, but in the end the Real Madrid coach has named the Brazilian in his 19-man squad for the trip to Valencia on Sunday (kick off: 21:00 CET).
Sergio Ramos and Toni Kroos return to the squad after sitting out the inconsequential Champions League clash against Club Brugge midweek, while Brahim Diaz and Mariano have been omitted for coaching reasons.
Ferland Mendy is unavailable due to a one-match ban for his red card last Saturday against Espanyol. Marcelo, James Rodriguez, Marco Asensio, Eden Hazard and Lucas Vázquez all miss the trip to the Mestalla through injury.
Casemiro risks missing Clásico
Casemiro is currently on four yellow cards and is at risk of being suspended for the Clásico should he pick up another yellow against Valencia. The Brazilian midfielder was issued his last yellow against Betis on November 2 and since then has gone four games without being booked.
The 27-year-old stalwart has accumulated more minutes than any other player in Zidane’s squad this season, having played 1,830 minutes, or 96.8% of the total available. Behind Casemiro are captain Ramos (1,680 minutes) and Karim Benzema (1,677 minutes).
Real Madrid squad vs Valencia
Goalkeepers: Courtois, Areola and Altube.
Defenders: Carvajal, Militao, Ramos, Varane, Nacho and Odriozola.
Midfielders: Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Valverde and Isco.
Forwards: Benzema, Bale, Jovic, Vinicius and Rodrygo.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: which states have kept travel restrictions and which have lifted them?
- CORONAVIRUS $400 unemployment benefit: Trump signs executive order
- Champions League Messi buys Barcelona a ticket to Lisbon
- Transfer market PSG focused on Mbappe, Neymar renewals over Cristiano Ronaldo
- Champions League Hector Herrera’s experience could help Atlético Madrid