Real Madrid: Zidane cools Mbappé talk
Having declared his love for the PSG star three weeks ago, the Real Madrid coach now aims to cool the Mbappé speculative fire.
Three weeks ago during the build-up to the Champions League clash between Real Madrid and PSG, Kylian Mbappé was firmly in the spotlight.
Talk surrounding his possible move to Madrid almost eclipsed the game itself, with Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane naturally being asked about the French superstar in the pre-match press conference.
"I have known Mbappé for a long time. I am in love with him, first as a person. He came here before on trial." said the French coach.
His answer fuelled speculation about Mbappé’s eventual move to the Santiago Bernabéu, following his previous statements in which he claimed it was the player's dream to play for Madrid. Needless too say, Zidane's comments have not gone down to well at PSG.
Zidane cools Mbappé talk
On Saturday, however, Zidane was once again asked about the 20-year-old forward but this time he had a more sombre response. Mbappé is currently frustrated by the way he is being currently handled by PSG coach Thomas Tuchel, with the young France international twice expressing his disappointment over being substituted in recent weeks.
“He is a PSG player and I am not going to comment here what happens there. It would be disrespectful. I know Kylian very well, but I have to show respect," said Zidane regarding the player’s situation, making no declarations of love this time around.
Following his comments three weeks ago, Zidane is aiming to cool the Mbappé talk. Both he and Madrid president Florentino Perez know that the only way to unlock a move for the Frenchman is by avoiding to anger PSG by adding more coal to the speculative fire.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS David Beckham's Inter Miami and in sponsorship talks with Qatar
- SERIE A Inter Milan director confirms Christian Eriksen bid and agreement for Chelsea's Victor Moses
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola focused on improving Manchester City rather than chasing Liverpool
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Ousmane Dembélé enters the final phase of his recovery
- ARITZ GABILONDO Reinier, a classic No. 10 in the same mould as Kaká or Rai
- FOOTBALL Messi, Aubameyang, Pogba... 15 stars who are out of contract in 2021