El Clásico: Barcelona's potential line-up
The most notable change could be at the back, with Lenglet's inconsistent performance against Real Sociedad possibly opening the door for Umtiti to join Piqué in central defence.
With El Clásico fast approaching, both Ernersto Valverde and Zinedine Zidane have decisions to make over the the starting elevens they will field at the Camp Nou.
Umtiti in for Lenglet
The biggest change for Barcelona could be in defence. Clement Lenglet's unconvincing performance at Reale Arena in his side's 2-2 draw against Real Madrid could open the door for Samuel Umtiti to join Gerard Piqué in central defence. Valverde has already praised the Frenchman after his return from injury and he could give Barcelona some much-needed cut and thrust against Real Madrid.
Barcelona's usual suspects
The rest of the Barcelona eleven is likely to remain unchanged. In goal, Ter Stegen is one of the first names on the teamsheet, despite his costly error against La Real, and in defence Sergi Roberto, Piqué and Alba will almost certainly protect the Barça goal. The midfield will also have a similar look, despite a shaky performance in San Sebastián. Valverde will look for control, above all else, and Busquets-De Jong-Rakitic combination is unlikely to be tweaked.
In attack, with the front three starting to click as the weeks pass, young pretenders Ansu Fati and Carles Pérez will have to wait before they get a look-in. Moreover, Messi has now scored 14 (12 in LaLiga and two in the Champions League); Suárez 12 (9+3) and Griezmann y (6+1), numbers that are starting to count.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- GAMING NEWS Genshin Impact: how to download free in PS4, PC, iOS and Android
- US Election 2020 What did Trump say about vote by mail in debate against Biden?
- Coronavirus India Covid-19 cases surpass 6.2 million; vice-president Venkaiah Naidu tests positive
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: how much would be paid to children and adults in new HEROES Act?
- US NEWS US elections 2020: What did moderator Chris Wallace and Trump argue about?