Real Madrid won't let Brazilians play in Pre-Olympics
Brazil's football federation knew they would not be able to get Vinicius in their squad after speaking with the player and neither Rodrygo or Militao.
There will be no Real Madrid players travelling with Brazil to play in the pre-Olympics. They will be played from the 18 January to 9 February in Colombia and not Vinicius nor Rodrygo will be given the all-clear to go. The Brazilian football federation did not even try to get Vinicius to go with them and considered it "impossible" to count on the player's presence at the tournament.
CBF - Brazil's federation - were informed of this when they contacted Real Madrid to call him for the most recent under-23 squad in October. It is the club's right seeing as it is not an official FIFA tournament and they will not release them for the pre-Olympics either. Brazilian football's governing body held out some hope after the Mallorca game when Vinicius fell out of favour with Zidane but he has been forced to bring the winger in from the cold with injuries to James, Hazard and Bale.
That hope was dashed when he started against Espanyol and vanished completely when he started against versus Brugge. André Jardine will also not be able to count on Militao or Rodrygo as none of them will be on Brazil's list for the tournament, which will be released on Monday.
Te recomendamos en English
- Gaming News CoD Modern Warfare and Warzone The Haunting of Verdansk: content from new update
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Second stimulus check: why does McConnell advise against the deal?
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: how can I track my early vote ballot?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Tottenham: Mourinho dismisses 'Spursy' tag but says defending must improve
- JUVENTUS Cristiano shows off new close-crop haircut during Covid-19 quarantine
- 2020 MLB WORLD SERIES LA Dodgers - Tampa Bay Rays: odds in the series of the MLB World Series 2020